This week is our last week living in Illinois, so there is a ton of work to do; and a lot of people to see. It is getting to be “crunch time” which also means we can get stressed and short with each other.
When we get to these high-stress seasons of our life with change and work piling up, where do we turn? Do we just push forward forgetting to turn to the One who wants to help? The One who wants to carry our burdens? On Tuesday, I read Psalm 31, which has these verses:
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; (v. 1)
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, (v. 2)
thou art my rock and my fortress; (v. 3)
thou art my strength. (v. 4)
I trust in the LORD. (v. 5)
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; (v. 6)
I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. (v. 14)
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; (v. 19)
O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. (v. 23)
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. (v. 24)
I will make the decision to hope in the Lord. He can strengthen my heart; and He can do the same for you! Take courage — He is all you need! He will preserve those who are faithful to Him. He can be trusted!
I enjoyed reading this post from last week’s party:
- The spiritual discipline of being a parent from Imparting Grace
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.