In many of my Thoughtful Thursday posts, I’ve shared how I’ve been doing a mom’s book study in our church this summer. I am loving meeting with these ladies weekly and the encouragement we can get from each other.
This summer, we have been reading the book, Becoming MomStrong: How to Fight with All That’s in You for Your Family & Your Faith by Heidi St. John.
I feel like every other chapter is one that I love. The other chapters are good, but probably resonate better with someone who has different life experiences than I have had.
In a previous post, I made a printable that I gave the ladies from chapters 1-3.
I did not make a printable for chapters 4-5, but I did love this quote from chapter 5:
Your great accomplishment may not be something you do but someone you raise. — Heidi St. John
I loved chapter 6 as it was on trusting God during the hard times and the trials we face.
All of us face hard times. Trials will come. How we respond to those trials will teach our kids whether or not we truly trust God. In all of the chapters, Heidi St. John brings us back to the fact that we need to have a strong relationship with God if we are going to raise strong kids. So in the hard times, we need to run to God and to the promises in His Word. Here are some of the references Heidi shared in the book that can help us during the tough times. I typed out the verses and shared them in another printable for my ladies so that they have a little “cheat sheet.” During those hard times, they now can run to the sheet and claim those promises and pray those verses to their God. You can print out the sheet at the bottom of the post.
Here are some verses you can claim during trials:
Go to God during your trials:
- I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Ps. 91:2
- The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid. Ps. 27:1
- Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Ps. 20:7
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Ps. 28:7
Claim these promises when you are struggling:
- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39
- Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11
- Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29
- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. I Cor. 15:57
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn 14:27
- This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23
I also loved this quote from chapter 6:
God is big enough, wise enough, and good enough to be trusted. Heidi St. John
You can go HERE to print out the worksheet.
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.
If you would like to receive a weekly email reminder on Thursday parties about linking up to this party, please sign up HERE.