I received the book, The Possibility Mom by Lisa Canning to read and share with my readers my thoughts on the book.
It is a pre-release book, and will not be on store shelves until July 16. I can offer a copy as a giveaway, but I am going to wait until closer to the release date to do the giveaway and share more of the book at that time.
I normally review cookbooks and kids books, and don’t read book that I actually have to read. Mainly I don’t review “real” books because the ones that I get offered do not interest me, and I don’t have the time to read the books. However, when I received the pitch for this book in my emails, I was intrigued.
Here is a woman who has arrived in the business world — she was the designer on HGTV’s Marriage Under Construction, she worked on the design team of “Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers”, and she hosted regular live lifestyle segments on shows like The Marilyn Denis Show as well as building her own design business. Yet she realized she was “jeopardizing happiness and peace for the sake of perfection and control.” She “vowed to no longer put work first and sacrifice the good of my family.”
That’s unusual in the business world! Not only that, she had 7 kids! I have five kids, so I really respect and admire her! I could also tell from the language of the email that she was at least a believer in a God, so I wanted to read more. Here are a couple of topics in her book which intrigued me.
- Flipping failure: 4 strategies to extend grace and encouragement on ourselves when we fall
- Livin’ on a prayer: Why a mom has to have faith
I got the book and I started reading it this week.
I like it! It’s an easy read, and she has action steps in the book to help you establish what your priorities truly are and what you want from life. There are also links to where you can download printables to help you do these action steps.
When I researched Lisa Canning more, I don’t believe that we would believe the same things about our faith, but I like that she does not shy away from admitting we can’t do it all, we need God’s help, and our families are the most important part of our life.
For me, what I really liked about the book is how I felt like she got my life. I get overwhelmed, tired, stressed, burned out. I say “yes” to too many things. I have many balls I am juggling. And she was speaking to me. I got through about one-third of the book quickly, and I’m looking forward to when the downloads are available and to finish reading the book. I’ll share more about it at a later date and offer it as a giveaway!
Here are a few posts I enjoyed reading from last week’s party:
- Are You Too Busy & Distracted? from Soul Survival
- How to Defeat Doubt from A New Lens
- Teaching Our Children To Think: It’s Important from An Ordinary Mom’s Musings
- Bible Verses About Doubt and What They Teach Us About God’s Goodness from Sun Sparkle Shine
- Celebrating Easter from Jennifer Lambert
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.
If you would like to receive a weekly email reminder on Thursday parties about linking up to this party, please sign up HERE.