Last week, I shared the first post for the name of God, Jehovah-Shalom, The Lord is Peace.
That post mainly shared where we see this name of God being used in the Bible and what this name of God means. Today, I would like to share a few ways that we can apply this name of God to our everyday lives.
- Only Christ can give us true peace. Peace (shalom) follows righteousness (mekoddishkem). This name was given to the Israelite people in Exodus. We don’t see the name of Jehovah-shalom until the book of Judges. Those who are not righteous do not know the way of peace. (Romans 3:11, 17)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27
I love this quote by Marilyn Hickey:
God gave Gideon peace within his spirit before he had even won the battle. That’s what God does! Peace does not come because of outward situations. Peace comes because of Him who is inside you. God is greater than anything you may encounter in this world. God wants you to make Him your peace – not circumstances.
- Perfect peace comes to those who trust in God.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3
- His peace is to rule, govern, and control our hearts.
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15
- When we become people of prayer, we will experience His peace. We can have peace despite our circumstances.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Here are some other encouraging verses about the peace of God:
- Jeremiah 29:11 — For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Psalm 119:165 — Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 — For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- John 14:27 — Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- Galatians 5:22 — But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
You can print out a sheet for your own study or for a group study HERE. You can print out the graphic HERE.
Here are all the other posts on the names of God:
- Names of God (List of books I used to study for this series)
- Elohim, The Creator God (free printables)
- El Elyon, The God Most High (free printables)
- El-Roi, The God Who Sees (free printables)
- El-Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One (free printables)
- Adonai, The Lord (free printables)
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 1
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 1
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 1
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 2
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 3 (free printables)
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 1
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 1
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord Is Peace, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord is Peace, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 1
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 1
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 1
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 2
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 3 (free printables)
Here are all the other posts on the names of God:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.