Last Thursday, I shared my spiritual goal of the year, which was to get in God’s Word every day.
I think I have kept that goal every day. I may have missed one day. I am reading a plan on YouVersion called the Day by Day with Billy Graham Plan. Here are some of the thoughts I have had from my daily time in the Word:
This year has been a little hard on our family as I am too busy to “love” in the way that I used to love. I used to be home and be able to help in whatever way the kids needed. Now they have to do more on their own — which is not a bad thing necessarily. They need to learn to be more independent. Yet they must always know that they are loved. I appreciated this reminder from my devotions I am doing on YouVersion:
The first essential for a happy Christian home is that love must be practiced.
True love contains an element of spiritual mystery. It embodies loyalty, reverence, and understanding.
“Love,” says the Bible, “even as Christ . . . loved the church, and gave Himself for it.” How did Christ love the church? He loved it despite its faults, its mistakes, and its weaknesses. True love does not fail. It loves despite personality defects, physical blemishes, and mental quirks. Love is deep, abiding, and eternal. Nothing can bring a sense of security into the home as true love can. Day by Day with Billy Graham
Charity never faileth: I Corinthians 13:8
That is the way a Christian should live his life – in the constant anticipation of the return of Jesus Christ! If we could live every day as though it may the very last one before the final judgment, what a difference it would make here on earth!
I love these verses:
9Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Begin the day with the Book; and as the day comes to a close, let the Word speak its wisdom to your soul. Let it be the firm foundation upon which your hope is built. Let it be the Staff of Life upon which your spirit is nourished. Let it be the Sword of the Spirit which cuts away the evil of your life and fashions you in His image and likeness.
One final thought from last night’s prayer service:
How are you doing on being a testimony of His grace?
Last week’s posts had some good goal thoughts and thoughts along this line:
- Donna Reidland shared 5 Ways God Finishes His Work in Us.
- Blogger Loves the King shared her word of the year in her post, New Year 2016 -One Word – Savor His Presence.
- Sharon Sharing God had a great post called MY WORD FOR 2015 – RECAP where she shares what God has been doing this past year.
- Mindful Goal Setting (Mindful Mondays) is a good post about how to set goals!
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.