Delight: my one word for 2018.
It’s up to us to delight. It always amazes me how much God teaches me, how much my heart overflows, how my soul starts singing — when I delight.
Which causes me to wonder —
- Why do I not delight more often?
- Why do I get my priorities out of whack?
- Why do I spend time on the trivial?
I know better. I know what delighting feels like, yet I still don’t make it my first thing to do.
Let me share with you what January has been like so far for my Delight goal.
- This year has already been a great year for my inner spiritual walk with the Lord. I started teaching the ladies Sunday School class as our teacher had to step down due to health reasons. Teaching always makes me study — a lot. I always get a blessing from the studying I do. I know I receive much more of a blessing than those who listen to me.
- Our church has been having an emphasis on prayer. All of the sermons, the prayer times, and our devotional book on prayer has inspired me to pray more and to remember that God wants me to be persistent in my prayer requests. He wants me to claim His promises and to not give up!
- Then a semi-failure and a semi-success has been my subscription to the Mama’s Refill Devotional site. It’s been a semi-failure as I have not done my devotions daily there. It’s been a semi-success as on the days I have done it, I have loved it! It has woken me up from my stagnant Bible study. They are inductive Bible studies where we are taught how to study using the Blue Letter Bible website. We mark up our Bibles or a copy of the chapter we are studying, and we have a notebook where we are writing notes.
It’s been so good for me — and you know, every time we get into God’s Word and start delighting, Satan is going to try to take us down. For us mommas, many times he will try to get to us through our kids. We’ll be so busy, we won’t take the time to delight. Our kids will be ornery, and we will become discouraged. Our strong-willed kids will be defiant, and we will feel like we can do nothing right.
We can either stop delighting, become discouraged, and be defeated; or we can remember to claim God’s promises, to pray to our ultimate Defender, and to get in His Word for our sustenance. So although this was a tough week for me; because, yes, we had some spiritual warfare going on with a child this week, I was able to delight. Through my Bible study in James 2, I was reminded not to show favoritism to any of my children or to anyone else based on an outward appearance, talent, or gift as God loves each of us. He judges us only on our motives — on our hearts.
It is very easy for me to be judgmental. I see all the flaws in everyone else; yet, I don’t see all of my own wrongdoings. I am so thankful that God does not judge me on my talents or gifts. I am so thankful He does not see me as the world sees me. He sees me as His creation, His redeemed one, and His child. Oh, to see others the way He seems them! Everyone we come in contact with is made in the image of God for a specific purpose. They were bought back by His blood, and they are adopted by God, our Abba Father.
I want to have His eyes of love -the eyes of love that saw us in our need. The eyes of love that accepted me for who I am, even though I often am unlovely. The eyes of love that sees that I have something to offer, even if humans can’t see any talent or gift. The eyes of love that offer forgiveness. The eyes of love that give without expecting anything in return.
He can work in me to help me to become like Him . . . if I take the time to delight.
Here are some posts I enjoyed reading our last party:
- Scripture Writing Club from The Diligent Woman
- When You Just Can’t Do It All from Lovin’ Life with the Littles
- A Simple Way To Help Strong Willed Kids Share Their Feelings from Simply Living Love
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.