I am not a big poem reader, but a I was reading some posts on a friend’s Facebook wall, and she had posted this poem by Annie Johnson Flint.
God has not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through,
God has not promised sun without rain
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
God has not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift easy travel, needing no guide
Never a mountain, rocky and steep,
Never a river, turbid and deep.
But God has promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.
-Annie Johnson Flint-
I needed this at this time (and all the time!). I need strength to do all the tasks I have to do. I need light for my path.
I will finish this post during nap time :). My blog was down until 8:40 am Thursday.
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.