Do you pray God’s promises back to Him?
This week I was doing my Bible study on asking God to help me change. The author did a mini-study on Jacob and how God used crises in his life to help him understand his need of change.
As I was doing the Bible study, I got to Genesis 32:1-7 where Jacob knows he is going to meet Esau. Jacob had no where to look but up. However, when he prayed, he didn’t complain. He instead reminds God that God told him to return to this land. He also reminded God of the promise He had made him.
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children. And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude. Genesis 32:9-12
After reading this, I put off in the margin of my book, “Claim/pray God’s promises when fearful.”
We have a whole book of God’s promises we can pray. Jacob had only a few promises that had been spoken to him or his father and grandfather. We can pick up our Bible and pray several promises. Here are just a few:
- Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24
- Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. Psalm 91:15
- And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24
- . . . for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
- He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29
- For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death. Psalm 48:14
- But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
- There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. I Corinthians 10:13
- For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
- I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
Some favorite posts of mine from this past week:
- 3 Reasons the Love of God Will Change Your Life from MississippiMom.com
- 11 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water Everyday from Smiling Notes
- Wise Time Management for Bloggers from Best Blogging Business
- Prayer from Becoming Press
- The Courage to Heal from The Beauty in His Grip
- 5 Ways a Mama Can Worship with Young Children from A Mother’s Heritage
- How to live happily ever after (without the fairy-tale romance) from Sun Sparkle Shine
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.