The past couple of weeks, I have shared different ways we can pray for our children.
The first week, I shared verses for praying that our children will be filled with the joy of the Lord. In that post, we pondered the fact that joy will only come when we abide, when we have a real relationship with the Lord. Therefore, last week’s post centered on the fact that we need to pray that our kids will be genuinely saved. If they do not come to know the Lord as their personal Savior, then nothing else matters.
Once our children are saved, our prayer life for them is not over. Just like our spiritual walk is always a work in progress, so is their spiritual walk. The next few weeks, I will continue to share ways we can pray for our children and their spiritual walk.
Today, I want to share verses on how we can pray for our children to desire to be in God’s Word.
In Galatians 5, we see how we should be walking in the Spirit, and John 15 talks about the necessity of abiding in the vine. This abiding and walking — actions that should be happening in every believer’s’ life — cannot happen if we are not Word-filled.
Here are some verses we can pray for our children regarding their time in God’s Word:
Pray that our children will allow the Word of God to guide them.
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105
- Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4
- Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Psalm 25:4-5
Pray that our children will go God’s Word for their spiritual food:
- But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
- How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
- As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: I Peter 2:2
Pray that they will seek after God through study of His Word:
- And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
- I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17
- Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Isaiah 55:6
Pray that they would desire and love God’s Word:
- Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18
- But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:2
- With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Psalm 119:10
- I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. Job 23:12
- As the hart (deer) panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2
- I have longed for thy salvation, O Lord; and thy law is my delight. Psalm 119:174
Pray that the Word of God would convict them of their sin:
- Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Psalm 119:9
- For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Pray that they will see how God blesses their obedience to the Word:
- Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Psalm 119:2
- But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. Luke 11:28
- But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:25
Pray that they would experience an overwhelming joy of the Lord when they abide in His Word:
- Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16
- If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. John 15:10-11
- Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11
Only God can keep our children safe and bring them up to be believers who seek to be in His Word. Our intercession on the behalf of our children cannot be minimized! Let’s make praying for our children a priority!
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.
If you would like to receive a weekly email reminder on Thursday parties about linking up to this party, please sign up HERE.