Last week, I shared this printable for Thanksgiving:
It’s interesting what a week will bring. I started off this week on a high note. We have been at our new church for five months, and we are loving being here. Our church had a praise service on Sunday afternoon following a potluck dinner, and it was an uplifting, encouraging service. It’s easy to praise God on days like this past Sunday.
On Monday, I saw on Facebook that a 14 year old girl from our previous ministry had found out the previous Friday that she had leukemia. On Tuesday, she passed away from complications. Then on Wednesday as we decorated Thanksgiving cookies, we heard ambulances, and later we heard later helicopters. Down the street from our house there had been a major accident. One man who was 26 years old died from the accident. Both of these lives were gone so quickly, without a warning. Both of these people have loved ones who are grieving this Thanksgiving. It’s harder to praise God when tragedy strikes.
This Thanksgiving, some of you may be going through a valley. You may have lost a loved one recently or may be experiencing a tough life circumstance. Even during these tough times, we can praise God.
We can praise Him because He has promised to heal our broken hearts and to bind up our wounds.
We can praise Him because has promised to give us rest when we come to Him.
For those of you who are grieving this Thanksgiving, I pray that God will comfort you and encourage your heart. Turn to Him because He can give you rest.
Here are a few Thanksgiving posts that were linked up to last week’s party:
- 7 Practical Ways To Remain Thankful During Hard Days from Purposeful and Meaningful
- “ThanksLiving Is Better” Word Art Freebie from Bits of Positivity
- 22 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids from A Mama’s Story
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.