So many of you know that I am working full-time for the first time in 13 years plus trying to continue to do some online work and blogging at the same time.
It has not been easy. There is not much sleep going on and our house is not clean. But a couple of things have helped me keep perspective. I was able to visit with a friend whose 14 year old has aggressive cancer. Though they are praising the Lord that it looks like the surgery was localized and hopefully all removed, at least 36 weeks of chemotherapy will have to be survived. Some of those weeks, they will be living at the hospital for 5 days. There are three younger siblings who still have to be homeschooled and have needs. Yes, this year has been tiring; but my kids are healthy and whole. We have a great life.
Being thankful has also helped keep the right perspective. I love Thanksgiving month as there is so much emphasis on being thankful.
Here is a wonderful Facebook post from Ann Voskamp.
Her quote is:
If you can breathe and murmur your thanks, it’s still a mighty good day!
Here is a quote I saw on Pinterest that I also loved:
What are you thankful for today?
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.