Last week, I shared the first post sharing thoughts about the name of God, Jehovah-Tsidkenu, The Lord our Righteousness.
You can read that post HERE to see when this name of God was first used in the Old Testament and what the name means.
This post will give ideas of how we can apply the name, Jehovah-Tsidkenu, to our own lives today plus share the printables that go along with this lesson.
Here are some ways we can apply the name, Jehovah-tsidkenu to our own everyday lives:
- We can be right with God! We can be righteous! We need not live in an endless cycle of sin and failure. God was made sin for us so that we, believing in Him, might be made His righteousness.
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:22-23
- This name emphasizes two important truths: God demands righteousness of His people, and we are not able to meet this demand on our own. We must look to Him as the Lord Our Righteousness to provide for us what we cannot attain no matter how hard we try.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5
- After we have received salvation, we need to view ourselves as believers who have the righteousness of God. Don’t see yourself as a defeated Christian! Start living a victorious Christian life. Say, “I am the righteousness of God!” – and live like it!
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Ephesians 4:24-25
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. I Corinthians 15:34
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. Romans 6:17-18
More references for Jehovah-tsidkenu (or about God being righteous):
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1
Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth. Psalm 96:13
I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Isaiah 45:19
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness. Jeremiah 33:16
Jesus is Jehovah-tsidkenu, the King who would come from David’s line, and is the one who imparts His righteousness to us.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2 Corinthians 5:21
You can print out the notes I handed out to our Sunday School class HERE and the little verse card printable HERE.
Here are all the other names of God posts and printables:
- Names of God (List of books I used to study for this series)
- Elohim, The Creator God (free printables)
- El Elyon, The God Most High (free printables)
- El-Roi, The God Who Sees (free printables)
- El-Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One (free printables)
- Adonai, The Lord (free printables)
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 1
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 1
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 1
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 2
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 3 (free printables)
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 1
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 1
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord Is Peace, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord is Peace, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 1
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 1
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 1
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 2 (free printables)
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.