The last chapter in the book by Kay Arthur titled LORD, I Want to Know You is the name of God, “The LORD Is There.” She starts of the chapter by saying:
What do you do when you feel alone? Abandoned? Forgotten by everyone — maybe even God?
Have you ever felt that away? I have a friend whose ten-year-old son was diagnosed with leukemia in May, he had a stroke and brain bleed from chemo a few weeks ago, is in rehab for a month and starting up chemo again. She cannot leave rehab to see her two younger children at home if she wants to be with her son, and the son cannot see his dad or siblings. Do you think they might sometimes feel abandoned? forgotten by God?
Have you lost a loved one? Been deserted by a loved one? Been injured severely? In a financial bind? Sick? Dealing with loss? Have children who have gone in the wrong direction?
There are so many difficulties and trials in this sin-sick world where we may feel deserted, alone, and forgotten.
Yet we can take comfort — for we have a God who is there. His name is Jehovah-shammah!
This name was actually shared with the captive Israelites by Ezekiel. It gave them hope that one day they would live in the future earthly Jerusalem, the city which the Lord Jesus Christ will inhabit when He comes back to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He would be with them for The LORD Is There!
They did not need to feel forsaken. He knew where they were, and they had a hope and a future!
We have a hope and future too!
Even if we experience sickness, desertion, depression, loss, pain, or a myriad of other ailments and concerns, we know that if we have trusted Christ as our Savior that we have the hope of Heaven. One day there will be no more pain or suffering. One day we will be in the presence of our Jehovah-Shammah. We will be where God is.
Do you live with that knowledge in the forefront of your mind?
You are a pilgrim. Just a passin’ through. This world is not your home. This world is not what we are living for. This brief existence on this earth is merely to bring glory to God and to bring others along with us to our forever home. And even when we go through those hard times here on earth, God is with us!! He is there!
We are in a battle against evil. We know Who will win in the end — but sometimes this life will be a struggle. The devil is trying to defeat us. He is trying to take others to hell. Sin has brought pain, discouragement, and illness.
We need to keep our eyes on the prize. To remember Who is greater than he who is in this world. We need to fight so that when we get to our eternal home we take others with us.
We cannot have any victory on our own, but we can have victory if He is with us — if He fights for us. With Him, we can prevail. He is there.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5
Come back next week to get more on the history of this name and how this name of God can encourage us in our Christian walk.
Here are all of the other name of God posts done so far:
- Names of God (List of books I used to study for this series)
- Elohim, The Creator God (free printables)
- El Elyon, The God Most High (free printables)
- El-Roi, The God Who Sees (free printables)
- El-Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One (free printables)
- Adonai, The Lord (free printables)
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 1
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 1
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 1
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 2
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 3 (free printables)
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 1
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 1
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord Is Peace, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord is Peace, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 1
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 1
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 1
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 2 (free printables)
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.