Today is the third post I am sharing on the name of God, Jehovah-Rapha.
The first post focused on where we see this name in Scripture for the first time and how we can learn many lessons from the positive example of Moses and the negative example of the Israelites. It was a very inspirational post!
The second post was also encouraging, but a little more academic as it shared facts such as where we see the name in Scripture, what the name means, and how we can apply the name to our lives.
Today’s post will be a shorter post, but I’ll also share with you the printables I gave to my ladies Sunday School class when we studied this name of God.
The wonderful truth about this name of God is He is our healer in so many ways — physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally and more. The most significant way He heals is spiritually. Without His healing, we could never be saved.
Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. I Peter 2:24
God has never promised to always heal our physical infirmities; yet there are times that He chooses to do a miracle of physical healing. The wonderful truth for believers is that if He does not grant healing down here on earth, we will have no more sickness in Heaven. When a believer dies of an illness here on earth, they are transported to Heaven where they will no longer experience any sickness or pain. There they will receive the ultimate and forever healing.
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Psalm 103:1-3
It is never wrong to pray for God’s mercy and healing as we know He can heal if He thinks that healing is best. Moses prayed for his sister’s healing, and she was healed.
And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned. Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother’s womb. And Moses cried unto the Lord, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee. Numbers 12:10-13
Hezekiah prayed for healing, and God healed him. God wants us to run to Him with our needs and concerns. He cares when we are ill and hurting. So our first action when we need healing is to run to Him in prayer.
Next, we need to avail ourselves of the resources He has given us. He has given us doctors, nutritionists, chiropractors, and many other ways that we can receive help when we are sick. Many times he heals us through the gift of other people who use their talents to help those who are hurting.
Jesus demonstrated that He is Jehovah-rapha while He was here on earth.
He healed the sick, blind, lame, and casting out demons. Most importantly, He heals His people from sin and unrighteousness when they accept His gift of salvation. (Luke 4:18-19, Matthew 4:23)
“The Word of Jehovah that He spoke by His messenger, the prophet Malachi, has found glorious fulfillment and awaits a yet more glorious fulfillment. ‘But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings’ (Malachi 4:2). What Jehovah was to Israel at Marah, so the Lord Jesus is to all who will receive and obey Him, the Great Physician. How sad, that, like Israel of old who refused Jehovah until there was no remedy, multitudes today have refused the healing sacrifice and ministry of Jehovah Jesus! . . . But praise God for the multitudes who have received Him, and applied His remedy, and have been made whole, and ‘take the free gift of the water of life’ (Revelation 22:17).” Nathan Stone
You can print out the graphic for Jehovah-Rapha HERE.
You can print out the handout for the lesson HERE.
You can see any of the other posts in this series by clicking on the links below:
- Names of God (List of books I used to study for this series)
- Elohim, The Creator God (free printables)
- El Elyon, The God Most High (free printables)
- El-Roi, The God Who Sees (free printables)
- El-Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One (free printables)
- Adonai, The Lord (free printables)
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 1
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 1
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 1
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 2
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 3 (free printables)
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 1
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 1
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord Is Peace, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord is Peace, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 1
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 1
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 1
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 2 (free printables)
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.