This week has been a fun, busy week. I will have to do a Scattered Saturdays soon to show you pictures of our new house and new town. I am so thankful for my parents who have helped us unpack and get settled.
I was thinking today how it will be so different tomorrow when they leave. They will drive back to Illinois which is about 20 hours from us by car. We won’t see them for a year. Having them here has made it feel like we are still in Illinois as home is where the heart is.
I also thought of how glad I am that I live in this era. People say all the time that it is a hard age to raise kids — and it can be. Or they say how that the world is getting worse and worse — and there is no doubt that evil is growing. However, I am so thankful for modern conveniences such as email and Skype and fast airplanes!`We were able to talk to my sister in South Africa twice in the past couple of weeks — face to face via Skype. And it was free! My family will still be able to see and talk to grandparents miles away. You couldn’t do that years ago. We will choose to be thankful for all the benefits we have although I am sure we will miss our family very much.
I am also thankful for you who continue to link up even though I haven’t had time to think or write much this past month. Moving cross-country is not great for blogging. Hopefully, I’ll be able more to focus on writing soon! Here were some great posts that were linked up last week:
- 10 Chores Preschoolers Can Do On Their Own from Homeschool Preschool
- God’s Wonderful Power is Made Perfect in Our Weakness from Sarah E Koontz
- 4 Lessons Learned from Letting Your Kids Fly from Homeschool Your Boys
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.