On some Thoughtful Thursdays, I share different lessons and thoughts that inspired me that week.
This past Sunday, we had a guest speaker who gave a sermon that shared five lessons we can learn when we are going through a trial or a tragedy. The sermon shared his family’s story of their son who had severe health problems stemming from a brain tumor, brain damage, and multiple seizures from age 6 until he died 25 years later. I cried hearing the story, yet knew that we all go through tragedies sometime, and so these are five lessons we all need to learn.
5 lessons to learn when going through tragedies:
- We learn about God’s unfailing grace. We learn that II Corinthians 12:9 is true; His grace is sufficient. He carries us through each day.
- We learn of His inexhaustible supply for every need, no matter what it is — finances, friends, family, and more!
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- We learn of His unquestionable purpose. There are many reasons God puts us through tragedies.
–Sometimes we go through a tragedy so that we are conformed to His image.
–Sometimes we go through a tragedy to confirm our faith. We learn more about Him in the valley than on the mountain.
–Sometimes we go through a tragedy to confound an unbelieving world. When they see how God helps us go through the trials, they are amazed at our peace that only God can give.
- We learn of His unexplainable peace. We know Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”, but it is during the tragedies that we actually experience it.
- We learn to expect an unpredictable result. The speaker shared many wonderful ways God used his family’s tragedy. Those results would not have happened without this tragedy. God wants to take what has happened in our lives and use it.
If you have time, you can watch the sermon on YouTube. It is the same sermon he preached at our church.
Here are some posts I enjoyed from last week’s party:
- From Stress to Simplicity from Kindred Mom
- Charlotte Mason’s Habit Training Wisdom from Inspire the Mom
- #FMF: Loving Our Neighbors from Mary-Andering Creatively
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.