I’ve been able to go visit my grandma the past few days.
Even though many people would not consider this a wonderful vacation as we have 19 people in a very small house with one bathroom, it is a great vacation in our time to be with family, a time for our kids to experience a simpler life, and a time for us to rest.
We have been so busy with packing and moving that we have had little time to rest. We have needed time to rest! The first few days, we have been able to take walks in solitude where we do not see a car for over 20 minutes and where we can see trees and fields for as far as the eye can see.
My kids have been able to go see a neighbors’ farm with their baby piglets and to watch their cow being milked. The baby kittens have been found in the barn and played with.
We have been able to visit my grandma daily in the nursing home and experience the older people’s love and giving attitude — even though they have little to give.
It’s been wonderful to see God’s amazing creation and think about His caring and loving hand.
What better vacation can you have? Even if you cannot go on vacation, find a time to rest in the Lord. Rest is good! We need to find time to rest our souls.
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.