I have had little sleep this week as we packed to move and started our journey to Florida. But I do want to take some time to get into God’s Word daily. So I made sure that I at least read a Psalm a day. Here are some verses from Psalm 37 that have been an encouragement and a stability to me as we go through the uprooting and big changes in our lives:
- Psalm 37:3-5 encourages me to trust in the Lord, and He will feed me. One thing I want to do more of is DELIGHTING in the Lord. When I delight in Him, it says He will give me my desires. I think when we delight in Him, His desires become our desires. I definitely want to commit our way to Him. We need our ways to be His ways:
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- Psalm 37:23:
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
By his grace and Holy Spirit he directs the thoughts, affections, and designs of good men. He has all hearts in his hand, but theirs by their own consent. By his providence he overrules the events that concern them, so as to make their way plain before them, both what they should do and what they may expect. Observe, God orders the steps of a good man; not only his way in general, by his written word, but his particular steps, by the whispers of conscience, saying, This is the way, walk in it. He does not always show him his way at a distance, but leads him step by step, as children are led, and so keeps him in a continual dependence upon his guidance; Matthew Henry
I love the bolded part above. He will not show me way in advance what I am do, but will direct each step that I need to take. Therefore, I need His guidance every single day — every single moment. It is not good enough for me to get in the Word every other day; I need to be in it daily!!
- Psalm 37:30-31 gives me another reason for me to live a righteous life. If I am righteous, God will give me the wisdom I need. His wisdom comes from knowing His Word. When I have His Word or His law in my heart, I will not have any of my steps slide. I will have a life that is upright before God and other men.
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
- Psalm 37:37 shares how I can have a peaceful life and one day die in peace because I lived a righteous/upright life.
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
Here were a few of my favorite posts from last week’s party:
- 7 Things My Child Needs to See Me Do from Munofore
- The 15 Minute Habit that will Change your Marriage from Your Vibrant Family
- 10 Ways to Serve With Your Children from Faithful Wife
- Road Trips with Kids: 10 Simple Tips to Save Your Sanity from The Sunny Patch
- Resources for Parents of Tween or Teen Writers from Mary-andering Creatively
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.