I’m thinking VBS all the time right now.
It’s the first time our church has done VBS for a long time, and I’m in charge of it. Since we have just been at this church since June, 2016, we are going with curriculum to help make it easier. Our choice was Regular Baptist Press’s Over the Moat: Drawbridge to the King curriculum as I have used their products before.
I would love to hear from VBS enthusiasts about what you have done that has been a big hit in your programs. We will go out in our neighborhoods the first couple of weeks in April inviting people to our church’s Easter cantata and also including flyers about the upcoming VBS summer program in June.
So please tell me some great VBS ideas! I really do want to hear all you have to offer. Either email me (there’s a contact form at the bottom of the page or my email is in the sidebar) or leave me a comment. Do you do big prizes? big snacks? How do you draw in kids? I absolutely VBS, and want it to be a program that is well-done.
Although we ordered the curriculum, we will probably come up with crafts ourselves. If any of you are doing the same RBP curriculum, here are some good crafts that are not too difficult or expensive that will go with our castle theme. There are 5 different categories, which is perfect as there are normally 5 days of crafts. We might do some easier crafts with the younger children and save the harder crafts for the older children.
- Free Castle Coloring Sheet & King and Queen — both can be printed on cardstock and stand up
- DIY Stamp Castle with free printable templates
- Easy Castle craft with brown paper bag and a $2.50 printable
Stained Glass Crafts:
- DIY Shield using cardboard and aluminum foil
- DIY Shield or DIY Coat of Arms using free printables
- DIY Shield
- DIY Crowns: use any of the templates below (or print off a few for kids to choose from):
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.