This week, our family started its new ministry at a church in Palm Harbor, Florida. We have been unpacking for the past 5 days. My parents have arrived to help us unpack, and tomorrow my mom will start sewing curtains for our dining room and my dad is putting in shelving in our utility room and a couple of our closets. It’s been a whirlwind, but it has been fun! (And sometimes a little stressful as we are trying to sell our house back in Illinois from a distance.)
My husband has been able to preach three times now — twice on Sunday, and a devotional in Wednesday night’s prayer meeting. It was wonderful to be challenged by the preaching of the Word, and my heart was convicted by the Word of God.
In prayer meeting, my husband spoke on Zechariah 4:6:
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
In anything we attempt in life, whether it is our daily activities, or the semi-scary prospect of moving cross-country to minister to a new church, we need to do it by the Holy Spirit’s enabling. We can throw everything we have into what needs to be done, but if we do it ino our own power and in our own might, it will fail.
So the question is, Do we rely on the Holy Spirit in our endeavors?
I know often I get up and go about my day doing it all in my own strength. I don’t take time to get in God’s Word and to call out to God for His help. If I want to live a victorious life, then I need to do it in God’s strength, by His Spirit! In our new ministry, we will fail if we do it in our own strength. The Holy Spirit knows what this church needs, what our family needs, and what I personally need. He knows what you need too! Go to Him for His help. When we are weak, He will prove Himself to be strong.
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed Creative K Kids on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.