I am thankful for friends who can give you a verse right when you need it.
This past week, I had an email from a friend. She asked how our new life was going. I replied that it was going well, although I sometimes became overwhelmed and emotional. She replied to me with this verse:
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
What a simple verse, yet how profound! When we are feeling overwhelmed, we need to turn to God. He is our rock. He knows all, sees all, and can keep me safe and secure.
This verse is one that I need to dwell on when I am feeling discouraged or overwhelmed. How about you? What verse do you run to on those days you are feeling overwhelmed?
Here are 3 posts that I enjoyed reading last week:
- Big Problems? Bigger God! from Homeschool Your Boys: I loved the One Day at a Time Living part of the post.
- The 6 Truths Every Christian Needs Daily from the Life of Scoop: Print out the printable with these 6 truths!
- Johnny Appleseed Read-Aloud Activities and FREE Printable from Embark on the Journey: I will be doing an apple party in my class at the end of the month, so I was glad to find all these resources!
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.