I’ve had many thoughts this week.
Discouraging thoughts — thoughts of frustration with a daughter. Thoughts of sadness about what our world and media is trying to teach our children and how people, even Christians, are naive about what is happening.
But then there were thoughts of hope as I trusted in God’s Word. He has said,
Deuteronomy 31:8 – And the LORD, he [it is] that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. (similar verses)
Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
Yesterday included encouraging thoughts as it was a good day with the aforementioned daughter. The message in church also provided encouraging thoughts on a prayer from Colossians. I know that when difficulties come, they remind me of how I need to be turning to God with my problems. I cannot be what I need to be in my own strength.
Prayer keeps us from being pride, self-sufficiency, and self-centeredness because we are depending on Someone greater than ourselves.
In Colossians 1:9, we see a prayer from Paul to God for the Colossian believers. He prayed:
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Here Paul was praying that the believers would have a spiritually insightful walk. That they would grow in the knowledge of Christ and that they would grow in wisdom and spiritual understanding. These Colossians were being told by the Gnostics that they needed more than Jesus. But Paul was telling them that Jesus was enough. They had enough; they were complete in Him and just needed to get in the Word and grow. If we have His Word, that is all we need to grow.
The phrase, “that ye might be filled” in verse 9 was interesting to study. In this verse, “filled” means filled to the full; filled to the top; to be fully equipped for the journey of life. God will not only be enough, but He can give me all that I need to be equipped for my journey here on this earth.
Here were the two encouraging thoughts I got out of this verse:
- I have all I need: God and His Word.
- I can be fully equipped for all that I need to do as a mom, wife, daughter, co-worker, and more. There is no need to despair or to get discouraged. I just need to remember where to go. I need to turn to God so that He will equip me for the battle ahead.
Some favorite posts of mine from this past week:
- Oxygen Mask Mothering from Perfectly Imperfect Club
- Be The Early Bird: 11 Tips for Becoming a Morning Person from Kandy Apple Mama
- Encouraging Word Wednesday: The Prince of Peace from MississippiMom.com
- How to Live Fearlessly in the Face of Fear from Heather Bixler
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.