December . . . one of the busiest months of the year.
Life is crazy busy sometimes, yet it seems like December can be the craziest. Two of our kids do winter sports. One of our kids is working 5 days a week. I had registration for one child in our local college that does dual enrollment classes. There are the normal activities like school, doctor appointments, church, laundry. Then we add in the baking, shopping, wrapping of presents, Christmas cards, cantatas, caroling, and more. It can be overwhelming!
So how do we remember to keep Christ in the Christmas season?
I don’t claim to be the best at keeping the Reason for the season always in the forefront of my thoughts as I go about my busy days; yet I want to. I want my priorities to be right. So here are some things we are doing this year to keep the true meaning of Christmas in front of us.
- We go caroling to our shut-ins at our church and to a couple of local nursing homes. If we can give to others who are lonely and need some joy at this time of the year, it will help us to remember why Jesus came. I take along some our baked goodies to give to them.
- We try to give to someone in need. Sometimes we do Operation Christmas Child. This year we provided for a couple of children’s Christmas gifts using the Angel Tree organization. I sometimes will include a book like THIS in the package.
- We give to special offerings at our church to help out our missionaries to also remember that Christmas should be about giving.
- We read the Christmas story plus some fun story books such as The Candymaker’s Gift and The Crippled Lamb.
- We are in our church’s Christmas cantata.
- There are many advent readings available that we sometimes read. Here is a post about some advent readings that are available and John Piper has one available for a free download HERE. We sometimes have done What God Wants for Christmas the week of Christmas and Adorenaments the couple of weeks leading up to Christmas. (This is similar to my Adorenament set.)
- I sometimes study the Christmas stories in Matthew and Luke in my personal devotions.
- We play Christmas music that shares the real meaning of Christmas.
We also have fun doing the secular aspects of Christmas such as looking at lights and singing fun secular Christmas songs, but we try to keep the focus on Christ.
What do you do to keep the focus on Christ at Christmas time?
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.
If you would like to receive a weekly email reminder on Thursday parties about linking up to this party, please sign up HERE.