This will be a short post as I went to sleep with my youngest last night. I had a headache, and she had a little bit of a stomach sickness and wanted me to sleep with her. Then I didn’t have an alarm in that room, so I didn’t wake up on time!
A missionary friend shared this on Facebook. It is from From “25 Days to a Happier Home” by a missionary in Cambodia, Allison Wood. I have the book and it is has many highlights!
Christian mothers have such an important opportunity for ministry in their homes!
If you choose to keep and display a happy, upbeat and thankful spirit, so will your kids. Attitudes, good or bad, have a way of affecting others. You, dear mom, have a superpower. You have the power to control the attitude of your home…
With our tongues we can encourage our husbands, praise our kids and offer wisdom to younger wives or moms. However, in the very same tongue is the power to disrespect our husbands, hurt our children and slander our friends…
Do you remember yesterday’s challenge? We mentioned that a woman has a unique influence in her home. She can set the atmosphere for her entire home and change it in literally moments! Your attitude can create a happy or gloomy home. Control your tongue today, and decide to obey the law of kindness.”
Wow! This is something I am working on. I want to have a happy, upbeat, and thankful spirit — and I want my kids to have one too. Let’s be the mood-setter in our homes, moms!!
You can also follow Allison’s blog, Pint-sized Treasures HERE.
Next week, I will be out of town so I will try to share some Thoughtful Thursday Posts that have been an encouragement to me instead of writing a post of my own! Link up below!
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.