My mom found this recipe in one of our church cookbooks, and we always called it the “yummy cake.”
It’s a poke cake (which means you poke it and pour yummy goodness all over it). It’s also so easy to make since it uses a box mix and cool whip as frosting. I made it to take to our Senior Citizens’ lunch, and they loved it, but my kids also loved it. Here’s how you make it:
- German Chocolate cake mix and ingredients needed for cake mix -- eggs, oil, etc.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz jar of caramel ice cream topping
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- Heath candy bits or Heath bars that have been crushed.
Bake a German Chocolate cake mix in a 13” x 9” cake pan according to directions on the box.
15 minutes after the cake is removed from the oven, punch holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping over the top of the cake.
Top with Cool Whip and Heath candy bits.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.