Since we live in the land of perpetual summer (aka Florida), we are always eating popsicles. Before I came to Florida, I bought a cheap popsicle maker, which we have used periodically. I was very excited to give my honest review for the Num Noms Lights Freezie Pop Maker as there can never be enough popsicles in our 90 degree weather and I knew my youngest daughter would love them.
Here’s how I made our easy Yogurt and Berry Popsicles:
I received the popsicle maker a week ago, and this past weekend whipped up some easy — and more nutritious — popsicles. I put in my blender two 6 ounce containers of vanilla yogurt from Aldi and a cup of fruit that was about 3/4 cups strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries.
After blending the fruit altogether, I poured the mixture into the Num Noms Pop Maker. It comes with easy directions on how to put together the popsicle stand. The molds go upside down in the appropriate stand, and the popsicle mixture can be poured directly into the mold. Fill almost full, but leave a little bit of room for the Num to go into the mold. Freeze for 6 hours before removing.
I had enough yogurt mixture to make 7 popsicles, so you could always cut the recipe in half for the three Num Noms popsicles.
My children had a popsicle the other day, and they loved them. I felt better knowing that at least they were eating some real fruit as well. One of the handles also will light up which my daughter said was “cool!” They do include three packets of powder that you can mix with water or with other ingredients to make popsicles (recipe cards included); but when those are gone, feel free to use any popsicle recipe you can find or make up or the one below:
- 2 - 6 ounce containers of vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup sliced fruit I used about 3/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries.
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
Pour yogurt mixture into popsicle molds.
Freeze a minimum of 6 hours or until popsicle is frozen.
One of my readers will be able to win a Num Noms Lights Freezie Pop Maker of their own! Just enter the giveaway below for some #numnomscrazycreations of your own! Included in the kit are Included are Freezie Pop Sticks (1 Light-Up), 3 Num Freezie Pop Molds, 3 Flavor Packets (Cotton Candy, Blue Raspberry, Pineapple), 1 Stand and Recipe Book. You can also purchase this set on Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Toys “R” Us.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States only. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. All opinions in this post are my own. No reimbursement given except for product.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.