Thanksgiving is a huge food holiday! Thankfully, I do not have to prepare all of the food for our Thanksgiving dinner.
Last Thursday, I made my grandma’s recipe for Carrot Cake for the Bereans, our Senior Citizens, at their weekly luncheon. A couple of the ladies had told me it was their favorite cake. Since I was making the cake, I also took a few pictures as the old pictures were not very good. You can go HERE to see the actual recipe. I did add nuts to the cake I made, but I did not add raisins.
I have never had to make a whole Thanksgiving dinner. When I was in Illinois, we actually had two Thanksgiving dinners — at my parents’ house and at my in-law’s house. When we moved to Florida, we have been with friends for Thanksgiving.
If I had to make my own Thanksgiving dinner, I would make my Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes and my mom’s Stuffing recipe as a couple of the side dishes. This Raspberry Cranberry Jello is also a perfect side dish.
My job of food for every Thanksgiving ever since I have been married is to make the breads and desserts for where ever I go.
For desserts, I always make my family’s recipe for Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie as well as our recipes for French Apple Pie and Caramel Topped Pecan Cream Cheese Pie. For the kids,I often make Pumpkin Cookies and fun cookies that are similar to these:
What do you make every year for Thanksgiving?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.