We all know that. I started this blog almost 8 years ago as a hobby blog, then I thought maybe I would try to make money with it, and now I try to make enough money on ads to pay for its expenses.
I also now work full-time job (not for money as I make very little but just to provide my kids and a few others with a good education) at our little church school as the only teacher of 9 students that are in 8 different grade levels. It is truly a one-room schoolhouse. I also am a pastor’s wife and have many responsibilities with that role. Then of course, I have five kids. Four I teach, and my oldest is now in college.
When I started blogging, I was at home full-time, babysitting part-time, and doing crafts with all my littles. Now my littles are big-kids. I love my life, but I do miss staying at home like I used to do. Being away from home decreases the amount of time I have for blogging.
Sometimes I wonder if I should stop blogging, but I always wanted to keep my blog up so that my recipes would be here for my kids — plus the memories and crafts I shared so long ago. I also want the resources for homeschooling and crafts that I have provided here on Creative K Kids available to others.
But I want your feedback on a new idea for this party. This would not start until January, 2021.
Both of my co-hosts are moving on in the new year. They have been wonderful co-hosts, and they have stuck with me for a few years. That is a long time in the blogging world. So with my co-hosts moving on, I need to make a change. I don’t have time to do a new recipe every week or do a round up every week. So this is my idea:
I would do a monthly party that would be “sticky”. That means it stays as the top post on my front page, and you can link up 3 new recipes every week, just like you do now except now it would be to just one party per month. The new recipes would be at the top of the linky instead of the bottom.
What would stay the same?
- You can link up 3 recipes weekly to the Tasty Tuesday’s party.
- I would send out a weekly email.
What would be different?
- It would be a new party monthly, not weekly (but you could still link up weekly).
- It would be hosted only here at Creative K Kids.
- Each month’s party would have 2 round-ups of recipes featured: which recipes were viewed the most and which recipes I want to feature. All featured recipes would be pinned to the Tasty Tuesday’s linky party board.
- Newest recipes linked up will displayed on the top of the linky party so that each new week’s linked-up recipes can be easily seen.
I know some of you may not love this new format, but I am feeling overwhelmed. I don’t want to quit this party, but I need to do something that is less time-consuming for me. I thought this would be a good compromise: a weekly party that requires me to post only once a month. What do you think?
Here are some Thanksgiving round-ups and posts I have shared in the past:
- Unique Thanksgiving Side Dishes and Desserts
- Three Unique Thanksgiving Sides
- Thanksgiving Dessert: French Apple Pie
- My Thanksgiving Menu
- 40+ Desserts for Thanksgiving
- 25 Pumpkin Recipes
- 25 MORE Pumpkin Recipes!
- All You Need for Thanksgiving!
- 23 Squash and Sweet Potato Recipes
- 25+ Bread Recipes
- 25+ Salad Recipes
Next week, I’ll share some of your Thanksgiving recipes! Thanks for linking up!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.