Last week I wanted to make a recipe that I hadn’t made recently. I remembered this String Cheese Meatloaf that I used to make when my oldest children were little; but for some reason, I haven’t made in a long time. I had the hamburger, I had Italian sausages, and I had string cheese, so I was good!
Along with the meatloaf, I made our family’s Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes as a side dish. Next week, I’ll share the recipe!
The first thing I did to make the meatloaf was to defrost the Italian Sausages. I took off the casings of two of them and added them to the ground beef and other ingredients. My Italian Sausages were in one pound packages, 4 sausages to a package. Since this recipe called for only 8 ounces of Italian sausage, I needed only two of them. I have to admit, that my girls did not care for this meatloaf as they don’t like Italian sausage. My husband and son loved it, as they love Italian sausage! If you do not care of Italian sausage, you may want to substitute pork sausage or hamburg for the Italian sausage.
The recipe is super easy to make, just leave enough time for baking. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce divided
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 8 oz. Italian sausage
- 3 pieces string cheese or 3 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 x 1/2 inch sticks
In a bowl, combine 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, and garlic.
Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
Press two pieces of cheese, side by side, near one end of loaf. Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half, place side by side on opposite end of loaf.
Top with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and the internal temperature of the meat is 160 degrees, drain.
Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce, bake 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.