A couple of weeks ago, I shared one of our favorite recipes, Chocolate Zucchini Cake.
Often, I will frost this cake with a Cream Cheese frosting, but if I am in the chocolate mood, I have a perfect chocolate frosting! It is prepared in a saucepan, and will spread very easily over the cake while it is still warm. The frosting looks perfect, and it tastes delicious!
Of course, this frosting can be used with many cakes besides Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Give it a try and see how you like it!
Here’s how to make Soft Chocolate Frosting.
- Combine 11/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, a dash of salt, 11/2 cups milk, and 2 or 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir until the butter melts and frosting is smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the cake while it is still warm.
Easy, right? If you like chocolate, you’ll like this Soft Chocolate Frosting recipe.
Easy to make soft, chocolate frosting
- 11/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 11/2 cup milk
- 2 or 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate
Combine all of the ingredients.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of butter
Stir until the butter melts and frosting is smooth.
Spread the frosting on the cake while it is still warm.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.