I don’t make slow cooker meals as much as I probably should, but this Ham ‘n Swiss Chicken is one that I have made a few times over the last 10 years.
It’s easy to throw together, especially if you already have some cooked chicken. I also like this recipe as it is different than many of my other beef or potato slow cooker recipes.
Here’s how you make Slow Cooker Ham ‘n Swiss Chicken:
Make the following mixture:
- Beat 2 eggs and 11/2 c. milk.
- Add 1/2 c. melted butter, 1/2 c. celery, and 1 tsp. onion.
- Stir in cubed bread (8 slices bread, cubed).
Place half of the mixture in a greased slow cooker.
Top with 6 thin slices of rolled up deli ham, 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, and 1 1/4 c. cubed cooked chicken.
Make the following mixture:
- Combine 1 can (103/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted with
- 1/2 c. milk
Pour half of the soup mixture over the ham, cheese, and chicken layers.
Repeat layers once. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Crockpot recipe that includes bread, ham, Swiss cheese, and chicken.
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. milk divided
- 1/2 c. melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped celery optional
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onion
- 8 slices bread cubed
- 12 slices deli ham thinly sliced, rolled-up
- 2 c. shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 1/2 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (10 3/4 oz.)
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and 11/2 c. milk.
Add butter, celery, and onion.
Stir in bread cubes.
Place half of the mixture in a greased slow cooker; top with half of the rolled up ham, cheese, and chicken.
Combine soup and remaining milk; pour half over the chicken.
Repeat layers once.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.