Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month?
I didn’t know that either! I received an email from Pasta Fits asking if I could share one of their healthier recipes, and since I love pasta and I love shrimp, why not?
They shared 3 recipes with me that were all under 300 calories per serving. That’s amazing! You can go see their recipes for Spicy Ditalini and Chickpea Stew and Green Pasta Puttanesca on their website, but I have included the recipe for Shrimp Linguine with Tomatoes & Artichokes below.
The shrimp adds protein to the meal and the tomatoes and artichoke complement the pasta by adding flavor and color for a beautiful presentation.
Isn’t it great that we can eat healthy meals and enjoy our food? Let me know if you make this recipe. I have not tried it yet, but it looked so good I had to share it!
Shrimp Linguine with Tomatoes & Artichokes
- 4 oz. linguine
- 2 tbsp. (or 1 oz.)extra virgin olive oil
- 20 each (or 8 oz.) medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (or 1 oz.) sliced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 12 oz. frozen package thawed or can of artichoke hearts
- 2 cups (or 8 oz.) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp. (or 1/2 oz.) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (or 1/4 oz.) Parmigiano finely grated
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain water. Set pasta off to the side.
Heat a saute pan over medium heat. (I would just use a frying pan as I don't have a saute pan.) Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook, stirring until the shrimp are mostly pink with some grey remaining.
Add the garlic and continue to cook until aromatic and starting to brown. Stir in the pepper flakes, tarragon, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes. Continue to cook to heat through. Toss with linguine.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice. Divide between 4 bowls. Sprinkle with Parmigiano.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.