Christmas for our family revolves around Jesus being born as a baby to save us from our sins, but it also revolves around food.
I make sometimes 10-12 different bars, cookies, and candies to share with others at Christmas time. So far this year, we have only made 5 desserts. I have to make 3 more in the next 2 days!
One of the favorite desserts my Grandma always made was her Rocky Road Candy.
It was my favorite cookie/candy that she made. I decided to make it last week for a ladies devotional I was giving. (You can find the ladies devotional that I used HERE.) Imagine my surprise when I saw that this recipe includes raw egg! I have eaten it for 40 years and always been fine; however, I will give the disclaimer that I found on the Allrecipes website for a recipe that includes raw egg:
Please note: this recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Important: be sure to use only fresh eggs for this recipe.
I also thought this information about raw eggs was interesting. According to them, you can use frozen pasteurized eggs to avoid using raw eggs if you are worried about it.
Here is the recipe for Rocky Road Candy:
Find some more of my favorite Christmas desserts HERE.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.