I received from Media Masters Publicity a new book that will be perfect for my kids called 20 Recipes Kids Should Know by Esme Washburn and photographer Calista Washburn. I was able to give a review of the book that is my own honest opinion without any other compensation.
This is a great first cookbook for children! But even better than being a cookbook for children, it is written and photographed by a pair of young sisters!
Kids know what kids like to eat, so most of these recipes will be ones your kids will want to try. I also love to show my kids that here are other kids just like them who are finding a way to be young entrepreneurs. They are going after a dream and getting it done.
The book has wonderful directions, and pictures, and I like that they only started with 20 recipes so as not to overwhelm children.
The twenty classic recipes are fun, healthy, adaptable, and easy to prepare. It has your classic banana bread and the kid-friendly grilled cheese along with everyone loves breaded chicken and apple pie. Each recipe is written in a clear, style that young cooks of every level will be able to follow. By teaching kids basic recipes that can be adapted in endless ways, this book is the perfect starting point to getting children interested in helping in the kitchen.
Getting my 3 youngest involved in the kitchen is something I need to work at, and I think this book will be exactly what I need. I’m going to aim at having them prepare some of these recipes with me helping — at the beginning! Then the goal is to make them independent chefs in the kitchen.
I am having rotator cuff surgery in 2 weeks, so I am glad I have this book to help them as they try to take over kitchen duties for a couple of weeks. Their older sister is a little more proficient in the kitchen, and she can help them too.
Even though there are only 20 recipes, you can see how there is plenty of variety in the recipes chosen to be in the book.
I am able to offer one of these books to my readers as a giveaway.
Winner must reside in the United States or in Canada. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize.
Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email with their name and address before a new winner will be chosen.
*For 2 more days, you can enter this giveawayfor 5 kids activity books.
You can also enter this cash Mother’s Day Giveaway.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASEfollow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.