These were a favorite of mine growing up, and they are quickly turning into a favorite for 60% of my children. We’ll give the other 40% some time as they are four and under. They are relatively easy to make. Plus, you sneak some beans into your child’s diet!
Recipe for Wagon Wheels (Beef and Bean Burgers)
Cooking Time Required: 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven @ 375°
Ingredients and Directions:
Brown: 1 lb. ground beef
- 1-(16 oz.) can of pork and beans (I take out the little bit of pork, but I do not drain.)
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. chopped onion or 2 T. minced onion
- 1 T. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (I do not add.)
Let this mixture simmer while preparing the dough.
While mixture is simmering, make 4″ circles out of one 8 oz. can of buttermilk biscuits (not the jumbo biscuits) on ungreased cookie sheets. (My cookie sheets are not the best, so I do spray them lightly with a cooking spray). I bought mine at Aldi, but they can be found at just about any grocery store. One can will make 10 circles. Last night, my meat mixture covered the top of 12 circles. So I used 2 cans of biscuits and baked the 8 remaining biscuits.
Spoon mixture equally onto the circles.
Sprinkle the top of each circle with some shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until dough is lightly brown.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.