It’s only one month until Thanksgiving and 2 months until Christmas!
That’s a little scary for me to consider as I still really don’t know what I am doing for either holiday yet. So when things are a little up in the air, it’s good to have some easy recipes that you can throw together no matter how your plans might change.
My sister made this jello salad for Thanksgiving a few years ago. Due to it’s beautiful deep burgundy color, it is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, and it only takes 3 ingredients!
This jello could be put in a beautiful glass bowl or in a jello mold. My sister put it in a circular mold. You can see how beautiful it turned out.
Even though she had sprayed the mold with a cooking spray, we still had a hard time having it slide out of the mold. To get it to finally come out, we slid a knife around the upper edge to loosen it from the mold and then let it sit in warm water for probably about 30 seconds. I was nervous that it was too long in the water, but when we turned it upside down, it slid out perfectly.
Make sure that you put it right on the plate where you want it before you tip it upside down as you will not be able to move it after it is on the plate. You might be able to see that the jello was slightly off center on our serving plate, but we put the serving spoon next to it and said we did it that way on purpose!
My sister who made this said that she let it set a little bit before pouring it into the mold that she used. It makes almost 5 cups.
- 3 packages raspberry jello (3 ounces each package)
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 can crushed pineapple (9 ounces)
Mix jello with 2 cups hot water. Stir to dissolve.
Mix in cranberry sauce, breaking it up.
Mix in pineapple, including juice.
Refrigerate to set.
What’s your favorite festive recipe for the holidays?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.