One of the biggest reasons I do a weekly Tasty Tuesdays post is so that I add all our favorite recipes to one spot so that one day my kids will be able to easily access our family’s favorite recipes.
Sometimes, I forget to take pictures or I am someplace where I cannot take a picture. That is what happened to me this year. For my whole married life, I have made the desserts and breads for Thanksgiving dinner. This last year, we drove 8 hours to go spend Thanksgiving with some dear friends of ours. I waited until I was at their house Wednesday night to make the pies.
I also realized last week when I was doing the Tasty Tuesday post and sharing what I was going to make for Thanksgiving, that I had never shared our family’s recipes for Pumpkin Pie and for Pecan Pie. What is Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie?
Today, I decided good picture or not, I was going to share my Grandma’s recipe for Pumpkin Pie. This is the only picture I remembered to get.
I also made 3 other pies, three sweet breads, and some fun cookies for the kids.
Here’s my Grandma’s recipe for Pumpkin Pie.
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 can solid pack pumpkin 15-16 oz. (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 can evaporated milk 12-13 oz. (or 1 2/3 cup half and half)
Mix together all ingredients.
Pour into a large pie shell. I usually use a 9" deep pie plate.
Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 45 minutes until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.