I received a new Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix from Krusteaz as well as additional compensation so that I could make up a meal including pancakes and share with you how I liked this new pancake mix.
First of all, breakfast dinners are our favorite dinners! We love all things breakfast. So I was excited to get this pancake mix. On the day that I used this mix, I had a busy and discouraging day. A month ago, I was rear-ended. I had been getting some chiropractic care for a torn tendon in my shoulder and some herniated and bulging discs in my neck. My chiropractor sent me to get a MRI and then sent me to an orthopedic surgeon for advice on my shoulder. He told me that I would need surgery, which was very discouraging as I have five kids, do all the cooking and most of the driving shuttling the kids to where they have to go.
I came home and had to make dinner. I was so happy that I could whip up this mix along with baking some bacon that I had already defrosted. (I line cookie sheets that have a lip with aluminum foil, lay the bacon flat on the aluminum foil, and bake the bacon at 350 degrees. I have 3 pound bags of bacon, so I bake up all 3 pounds at one time, and then freeze the leftover bacon that is cooked for future meals. I love making bacon this way! The pans are easy to clean and bacon grease isn’t splattering all over my kitchen!)
I also fried some eggs completely cooking the yokes — I flip the eggs and squeeze them with the spatula to get the yoke to break and cook. I then took two pancakes, placed the eggs and bacon between them, and made Pancake Sandwiches. I put syrup on top of my pancake sandwich and cut my sandwich into bites and ate it with my fork. Some of my family did not use syrup and picked up their sandwich and ate it with their hands. They were a big hit!
If you were trying to watch your diet a little more than what we did, you could eat the pancakes with fruit! This mix already contains 15 grams of protein per serving. It is also made with 100% grain flour and has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, so you can feel good about using this mix to feed your family.
My kids loved the taste of the pancakes. They thought they tasted better than my normal mix. The mix made pancakes that had a nice texture — the perfect density; and of course, they were very simple to make. I only needed to have one egg, a little bit of oil, water, and the mix.
What is really awesome is that Krusteaz is allowing one of you to win a couple of these boxes of Protein Pancake mix! You can enter the giveaway below for a chance to win!
You must be a United States resident to enter this giveaway. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email before a new winner is chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You can enter 3 other giveaways:
- Making Your Own Greeting Cards & Gift Wrap Book
- Paper Monogram Quilled Letters Kit
- A set of California Design Den sheets
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.