This recipe is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make!
Poor Man’s Chop Suey is another recipe I grew up eating as it is kid-friendly, easy to prepare, and cheap! My mom would cook a chicken for our Sunday meal. There was always some chicken left which would be cut up and saved for her inexpensive casseroles as we were on a very limited budget. The 2 cups of chicken plus rice, canned soup, and soy sauce made this an inexpensive, yet filling, meal.
My kids also love this meal. Since my husband is 1/2 Asian, rice and soy sauce are a staple in our house. It does take a while to cook, so you have to plan ahead for the cooking time. Last time I made it, I hiked the temperature up to 400 degrees, and it was done in 1 hour.
It’s not a beautiful main dish, but my kids are happy when I make it!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.