My mom’s favorite pie is Pecan Pie.
I often get delegated the desserts for holidays and for birthdays. I have made this pie many times for my mom; but I have also made it many time for Thanksgiving Day. The last three years, I have gone to a friend’s house for Thanksgiving, and this is one of the pies that is requested.
The great thing about Pecan Pie is that it is one of the easiest pies to make. It is almost fail-proof. Mix the ingredients together, pour them into the pie shell, and bake.
What I fail to do every time is take pictures. I think it is because I am always taking this pie somewhere else, so I don’t cut into it and do all the photos that I normally do for blog posts. So today, I am going to share this recipe that has been in my family for decades even if I only have one half-way decent picture of a pecan pie. I want my recipes to be here for my kids; so hopefully, one day, I’ll get some better pictures!
Easy pecan pie recipe that always turns out good!
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 c. corn syrup (I use light corn syrup.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. pecans
- 1 unbaked pie shell (not deep dish)
Cream together sugar and butter.
Add corn syrup and salt. Beat mixture.
Add eggs, 1 at a time.
Add pecans (I slightly chop them before adding them, but I do not crush them.) Mix.
Pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell (not deep dish).
Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Go HERE to enter a giveaway for The Southern Living Party Cookbook: A Modern Guide to Gathering
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.