I tried out the Peanut Butter Brookies as my husband loves peanut butter in desserts. It was fairly simple to make, it was easy to cut and remove from the pan, and it was gone in a couple of days!
Directions for making Peanut Butter Brookies:
- Combine 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 large egg.
- Press into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I used my clean hands.)
- Melt 2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, 2 ounces of semisweet baking chocolate, and 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter in the microwave, stirring frequently until mixture is melted and smooth. Add 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup flour.
- Pour the batter on top of the peanut butter cookie crust and carefully spread it over the bottom layer.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes until the top is slightly cracked around the edges.
- Cool completely in pan then slice into bars.
I want to try making this with a store-bought brownie mix on the top for an easy dessert to take someplace!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Prepare a 13" x 9" pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
Stir together the peanut butter cookie ingredients. Press into the bottom of the pan. (Dough will be thin.)
Melt the chocolates and butter together in the microwave. You can chop up if the chocolates if desired. Melt for 30 seconds at a time on high, stirring at the end of every 30 seconds. When the mixture is melted and smooth, add the rest of the ingredients.
Pour the batter into the pan and carefully spread over the cookie crust.
Bake for 32-38 minutes, until the top is no longer glossy and is slightly cracked around the edges.
Cool completely in the pan, and then slice into bars.