I tried out the Peanut Butter Brookies as my husband loves peanut butter in desserts. It was fairly simple to make, it was easy to cut and remove from the pan, and it was gone in a couple of days!
Directions for making Peanut Butter Brookies:
- Combine 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 large egg.
- Press into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I used my clean hands.)
- Melt 2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, 2 ounces of semisweet baking chocolate, and 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter in the microwave, stirring frequently until mixture is melted and smooth. Add 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup flour.
- Pour the batter on top of the peanut butter cookie crust and carefully spread it over the bottom layer.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes until the top is slightly cracked around the edges.
- Cool completely in pan then slice into bars.
I want to try making this with a store-bought brownie mix on the top for an easy dessert to take someplace!