Comfort Food at its Best!
I’m sure you want something comforting with all this coronavirus talk. This recipe looks to me to be a perfect comfort-food recipe. But I love chili, and I love pasta; so I think a mix of the two things is perfect!
I also love that it is one-pot meal. It has a ton of veggies, protein, and some pasta. Pasta Fits shared this recipe with me, and I thought I would pass it on to you in case you are looking for a one-pot comfort food recipe. Next week, I’ll share another one of their comfort food recipes that is nutritious!
Tex-Mex chili with pasta. Delicious, filling and made in one pot.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. lean ground chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can 28 oz. no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14 oz. no-salt-added pinto beans
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 4 oz. small shell pasta
- 1 can 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot set over medium heat; cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, corn, poblano, jalapeño, chili powder, cocoa powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened and spices are fragrant. Add tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, coffee and 1 cup water; simmer for 15 minutes. Add pasta; cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
Garnish chili with radishes, avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Mix and match toppings: Try crushed tortilla chips, grated Monterey Jack cheese, sliced green onions or sour cream.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.