As I have done this Tasty Tuesday’s post for almost 6 years now, I often get requests to share recipes from other websites.
I usually do not do this as I share my family’s favorite recipes and the websites asking for shares are websites just wanting outgoing links. However, it is not as easy for me to share as many recipes now as I have included many of my favorites already; and I am busier now than I used to be when I stayed home all day with the babies.
If you would like to guest post here on Creative K Kids and share a recipe for a Tasty Tuesday’s linky party, send an email to [email protected] I would ask that they would not be recipes that you have already shared on your blog as we don’t want duplicate content. You could share a picture and talk about how you have a guest post on Creative K Kids. I also do not share anything that is alcoholic.
One of the requests I got recently was from Katom Blog asking if I could share a healthy recipe called Caribbean Chicken. Since I have never done a recipe like this, I thought I would share it with you. I loved all the ideas they gave in the recipe from using the extra marinade to give flavor to the vegetables and to making extra chicken for an easy salad the next night.
Anything that can do double duty is my cup of tea. So when they said this recipe can be made on the grill or a skillet, that made me happy as I don’t grill a lot. We live in Florida, but I do all of the cooking and just haven’t become a grill person. Maybe I should work decide to do more of using the grill in 2019.
I am also not good with using spicy peppers, so go read their tip to how to use spicy peppers in food preparation!
Here is the recipe for Caribbean Chicken. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno chilis, seeded and chopped (for additional heat, leave seeds in)
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. honey, warmed slightly to soften
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place chicken in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.
Pour marinade over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Prep your grill or heavy flat-bottom skillet to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill or skillet. (Use a non-stick skillet or add olive oil to skillet prior to cooking chicken.)
Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.