Johnny Rosetti was a recipe that my mom made periodically.
I have no idea how it got that name, but it is an easy, affordable, kid-friendly recipe. Johnny Rosetti has a few, easy steps: cook the noodles, brown the meat, shred the cheese, and then layer these 3 ingredients. Finally mix together the sauce ingredients, poke holes in the casserole, and then pour the sauce mix over the casserole. Now it’s ready to bake!
- 1 package 1 lb. wide egg noodles
- 1 lb. hamburger
- garlic salt
- cheddar cheese
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- dry mustard
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Boil wide noodles until tender in salt water.
Fry hamburger with onions.
Alternate in baking dish: 1 layer of noodles, 1 layer of meat sprinkled with garlic salt, and 1 layer of sliced or shredded cheddar cheese. (I usually use shredded cheese.) Repeat until dish is full.
Mix 1 can of tomato soup diluted with 1/2 can of water, 1 tbsp. Sugar, dash dry mustard, dash chili powder, dash paprika, and 1 T. Worcestershire sauce.
Pour over noodle mixture and open holes with a knife so that the sauce permeates to the bottom of the dish. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour slowly. Can be halved for smaller amounts.
I have baked this recipe at 350 degrees to speed up the baking time. It would probably take about 30-40 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.