I was given a copy of this book for my honest review. I receive no monetary compensation.
Have you jumped on the Instant Pot band wagon?
I bought a 6 quart one a year ago, and I’ve used it a handful of times. I haven’t really fallen in love with it as I fall back to making my favorites.
So when I was asked to review The “I Love my Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book, I was glad to do it. I received it a couple of weeks ago, and I have had fun looking through the recipes and thinking about which ones I want to try.
This cookbook was written by recipe developer and food blogger, Aileen Clark. She has her own blog called Aileen Cooks. Her mission is to connect with other moms in a way that helps make their lives easier and more fun.
Tonight I tried the Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe. Spaghetti is just as fast to make on top of the stove, but I thought it was neat that the meatballs, spaghetti, and sauce were all prepared together in the same pot.
The finished product tasted good! My only problem was that the noodles weren’t quite done. I did let the mixture sauté for 3 minutes at the end which helped cook them a little bit more, but next time, I will either pressure cook the mixture longer or saute it longer.
It was a very easy recipe, and it tasted good too! You can find the recipe in the book for the meatballs. However, you could probably use your favorite meatball recipe. This recipe used 1 pound of ground meat for the meatballs. I used 88/12 beef that I bought at Costco. It was a basic recipe that included some bread crumbs, milk and seasonings. After the meatballs are formed, you put them on the very bottom of the Instant Pot.
Next, take 1 pound of spaghetti and break it in half. Place it on top of the meatballs. Pour 3 cups of water over the spaghetti. Pour one 24 ounce jar of sauce over the spaghetti noodles. Pressure cook for 5 minutes. (Of course, it will take longer for 5 minutes as it takes 10 minutes or more to build up the pressure.) Then release the steam. I stirred the noodles, and they were still rather hard, so I sautéd everything for 3-4 more minutes. I probably could have done a couple more minutes.
And just like that, you have Spaghetti and Meatballs!
In this book, there are recipes for every meal of the day, including favorites like:
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- Spicy Mushroom Rice
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Look HERE to find this cookbook that includes 175 easy, family-favorite meals that can all be made in an Instant Pot for under $12/meal!
You can enter a giveaway to win a copy of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Winner must reside in the United States. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. Winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.