I succumbed to the Instant Pot craze and bought one with some money that had been given to me at Christmas.
The first thing I made with it was Greek yogurt — and it worked, except I don’t know if it was any cheaper than buying it, and it was a lot of work. I think the thing I liked the most is being able to throw potatoes, carrots, and chicken into it and having it all cooked in about 45 minutes. So if I forget to do a slow cooker meal, I had a meal done rather quickly; and the potatoes were cooked through. When I do potato chunks in the slow cooker with meat, they are never cooked as fast as the meat so I either have to cook them some ahead of time or take them out and boil them for a few minutes after the meat is done.
I have not used my Instant Pot a lot, but I did find an Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe that I liked, but I adapted the recipe some. Here is the recipe I found online, and below is the recipe I made:
Instant Pot Meatloaf, Potatoes, and Carrots
- Peeled quartered potatoes
- Scraped carrots cut into chunks
- 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. ground turkey or you can 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place on the bottom of the Instant Pot
Scrape and cut carrots into chunks. Place on the bottom of the Instant Pot with the potatoes.
Pour about 1 cup of water over potatoes and carrots. The water is necessary so that the pot can build up the steam pressure to cook the food.
Place the rack that comes with your Instant Pot on top of the potatoes and carrots.
Mix all the meat and the following ingredients above.
Pat the mixture into a loaf shape.
Take a piece of aluminum foil and place it under the meatloaf and bring it up to be around all the sides of the meatloaf, leaving only the top of the meatloaf uncovered.
Place the meatloaf on top of the rack in the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
Make sure that the steam release is closed and turn pressure cooker to Manual mode for 25 minutes. Once finished cooking, use the quick release method to let the steam escape. Check meatloaf for internal temperature of 155 degrees.
Take the meatloaf out, let it cool for a few minutes, and then slice.
Scoop out carrots and potatoes. Place in a bowl. We smash the potatoes and carrots with a fork, place butter and salt to taste on top of them, and eat them.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.