Working and busy moms are always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen.
Now that I work 4 days a week, I make a lot of easy, and sometimes not-so nutritious, meals. I love to make breakfast dinners as those are fast and easy! There are several ways to plan ahead so that we can eat nutritious dinners on those busy days.
Here are some strategies that may help save some time in the kitchen:
- Spend a day making freezer meals. Then you just have to stick them in the refrigerator the night before and bake them when you get home.
- Use your slow-cooker (35 crock-pot recipes) to make recipes that will be ready when you get home or your instant pot to make quicker meals (30 Instant Pot recipes).
- Make a menu so that you know what you are making each night and start the prep over the weekend.
- Have canned or preserved foods on hand (See recipe book below).
- Buy frozen foods that can be turned into easy meals. (See recipe book below.) These recipes can be made in under 30 minutes, but the meals are so much better than preparing frozen chicken nuggets.
One perk about sharing a weekly recipe, is that I often get to review new cookbooks. Of course, I give my honest opinion of the cookbook; and for the following two cookbooks, no monetary compensation was received.
I recently received 3 cookbooks from Simon & Schuster. One of them I will share next week, but the other two were called Self-Sufficient Living: Canning and Preserving and The 30-Minute Cooking from Frozen Cookbook.
I’m actually very excited about this book. Ever since moving to Florida, I don’t plant vegetables. I tried it once, and the rabbits ate everything. But this is not just a canning cookbook. It has some freezer recipes as well as some jerky recipes that I can do in my oven.
I also would like to try the soup recipes using a pressure canner. Those would be great during our hurricane season.
Here is the table of contents:
This cookbook (The 30-Minute Cooking from Frozen Cookbook) is perfect for those nights when you forgot to plan ahead. It takes items you would buy frozen such as fish, meatballs, tortellini and more and then incorporates them into a main dish. Plus, there is no pre-thawing required! If you are like me, you forget to take something out of the freezer in the morning. No need to worry with this cookbook! There are over 100 recipes that are for breakfast, main meals, dessert, and even some vegetarian meals!
Try one of the books out and let me know what you think of it! I think both of them are great, yet they are very different from each other. At first, I didn’t think I would enjoy the canning/preserving book much as I am not canning anything right now, but then I saw it had many other recipes besides just canning recipes, so that made me much more excited about it. And then I’m always for a meal that will take me less than 30 minutes to prepare! That’s a win for sure!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.