I really debate sharing this recipe with you because it is so easy.
I don’t know if you ever feel in a food rut. Sometimes I get bored of making the same recipes over and over. Last night, I needed a quick dinner that I could make between dropping my daughter off at work at 4:00 and my son’s basketball practice at 6:30. We love our quick meals of Green Rice, Rice, Tuna Fish, and Egg Dish, and Mostaccioli Alfredo with pre-cooked chicken that I have to just take out of the freezer. It seemed like I had just made all of those dishes though.
My kids said, “Make some hamburgers and french fries!” We hadn’t done that in a long time, so as soon as I got home from taking my daughter to work, I prepared the french fries as they take a while to bake in the oven.
Here’s how I make our homemade french fries:
- I preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- I line a couple of cookie sheets (that have a lip) with aluminum foil.
- I spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- I scrub the potatoes and cut out any bad spots.
- I then cut the potatoes down the middle and then into long wedges. I usually get about 8 wedges per potato, more if the potato is very large. They aren’t super skinny fries, but they are not very fat either. I try to make them all similar in size so that they will cook equally.
- I pour about 3 Tablespoons canola oil over the fries. (I use a 17″ x 11″ cookie sheet and have about 5 small to medium sized potatoes cut up on the sheet. Use less oil if you are using less potatoes.)
- I take a pastry brush and brush the oil over all the potato wedges.
- I sprinkle the potatoes with sea salt.
- Finally, I put the potatoes in the oven. I take them out after about 20 minutes and turn them over. After a total cooking time of 30 minutes, I start checking the fries until they look done. They could take up to 45 minutes to cook. I take them out when they are golden brown and have the desired crispiness on the outside yet tender on the inside.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.