This dressing or stuffing recipe is the recipe my mom has always made for our turkey dinners.
It is my favorite recipe for stuffing. We almost always run out of stuffing on Thanksgiving even though she makes a batch and a half for Thanksgiving dinner.
It is not hard to make this recipe, but it does take some planning ahead as it requires 3 quarts of dry, cubed bread. You just need to cut the bread into cubes the night before you are going to make your turkey and let the cubes sit on a shallow baking sheet overnight (not covered).
The next morning, boil 1/2 cup of water, 3/4 cup of butter, and 1/2 cup chopped onion in a pan for 5 minutes.
To that mixture add 1 tablespoon sage or poultry seasoning. Poultry seasoning is not as strong as sage. I added 1/2 tablespoon of both sage and poultry seasoning. Add 2 tablespoons mustard and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Pour the mixture over the dry bread cubes and mix.
Stuff the dressing into the front cavity and the small back cavity. If you can’t get all the stuffing to fit into your turkey, you can bake the turkey in a pan along with the giblets to give your dressing the turkey flavor. I cover the pan with aluminum foil while it is baking. Bake at the same time the turkey is baking for the last 30-40 minutes of the turkey’s baking time.
We still need one new host for this party! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is [email protected]ivekkids.com. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.