Five years ago this month, I started blogging. It is hard to believe that it has been that long!
Five years ago, I was at home almost every day taking care of my youngest kids and babysitting. I spent hours learning how to blog, and I did many things wrong. However, many of those early crafts and posts are what still bring the most traffic to Creative K Kids! Now I’m in a totally different stage of my life. We have moved from Illinois to Florida, my husband is a head pastor, and I teach part-time plus do many ministries at our church.
I no longer have hours to put into Creative K Kids, but I can’t let it go either. I have put on this blog some of our family’s favorite recipes that I want my kids to be able to find easily one day. I have put memories of our family’s favorite activities on our Scattered Saturdays. I want my kids to be always able to go back and look at those memories. Just last week, my kids were looking at many of those posts.
But I don’t have the time to put into it like I used to do, so what can I do? Well, my second daughter discovered she likes to play around putting movies together from pictures. She also likes to bake and cook. So I told her for every recipe she prepares and then makes a video of it for Creative K Kids, that I will pay her $5. That’s a great deal for me! She was fine with it though as she gets to make a little money plus do a couple of things she likes to do too!
Here’s a fun picture of 3 of my kids from one of my first blog posts.
The one eating the popsicle in the video below is the baby in the picture. And the one that made the popsicles and put together the video is my daughter on the right — before phase 1 & 2 of braces! She’s in some pictures in the video too.
Here’s the first recipe that she made a video for:
Healthy Homemade Popsicles
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.